Frequently asked questions
How can I know which TV mount is suitable to my TV?
There are 2 main parameters that need to fit:
1. TV mount's declared loading weight - The TV, without its stand, should not weight more than the TV mount's declared weight.
What are the VESA holes on the back of the screen?
The connection of the mount to the screen is made by 4 screws with millimetric thread (M4/ M6/ M8) that connect to a plate or rails in the mount to 4 matching nuts in the back of the screen in specific standard distances.
The following summarizes VESA standard mounting hole patterns that are used today: 75x75mm / 100x100mm / 100x200mm / 200x100 / 200x200mm / 300x300mm / 400x400mm / 600x400mm / 800x400mm.
Check your owners manual for information about the location of the mounting holes.
Check to see if your screen manufacturer states if it is built to the VESA standards. Your manufacturer is the main source of information about the construction of the screen.
The provided TV connection holes screws are too short
The screws provided are suitable for the majority of TVs available. Each screen manufacturer produces different backscreen connection holes depths and patterns (VESA) so it is impossible to fit all of the different types of TVs on the market.
1. The depth from the TV back surface to the end of the connection thread (you can measure this by gently inserting wood/ plastic toothpick, marking the point it is getting out from the backscreen and measuring the distance).
The provided TV connection holes screws are too long
Be Careful! Do not insert the screws deeper than the thread depth, to avoid damaging your screen.
The tilt mechanism of the mount is tilted downward and can't be fixed in any other angle
1. Is there a nut inside each tilt mechanism nut holder?
3. Screen weight does not exceed the mount maximum carrying weight.
At which height should I mount my TV?
For the ideal mounting height, first determine the eye level when watching TV. For example, the viewing height when seated on your couch would be lower compared to the viewing height when sitting on a high kitchen bar-stool.
The TV should be perpendicular to the eye line of sight. If you want to mount your TV higher, for example in the bedroom, we would advise you to purchase a tilting TV mount.
Which model will allow my TV to rotate perpendicular to the wall?
A Swivel Angle Calculator can be found in each of the full-motion TV mount's product pages on our website. Using this feature you will be able to calculate the swivel angle of your TV automatically according to its screen size or width.
If you would prefer to calculate the needed TV mount length manually, follow these steps:
1. Measure the width of the TV.
2. Search for a TV mount whose arm is 2"/5 cm longer than half the width of your TV. The extra length of 2"/5 cm should be taken into account due to the fact that the maximum length of the TV mount is calculated from the wall to the TV, while the mount's swivel axis is located 2"/ 5 cm from the screen.
You can find the length of the mounts' arm in the specification images in each product page.
At which height should I install my Barkan mount, in order to have the TV placed on the desired height?
There are 2 parameters that affect the hanged screen height:
1. The height difference between the mount wall plate & the backscreen connection holes pattern (VESA). On the assembly instruction of each mount you can find the exact height difference.
On which types of walls can I install Barkan TV mounts?
The supplied screws and bolts are only suitable for attaching to walls and ceilings made of standard 10cm/ 4 inch thick concrete or more.
blocks, wood studs/ joists of minimum depth 10cm/ 4 inch.
(Standard 7cm/ 2/75 inch concrete blocks are suitable for the installation of fixed mounts or full motion mounts carrying electrical appliances weighing a maximum of 25kg)
For installation on gypsum or light processed blocks please consult with an authorized installer or appropriate building specialist to install the product.
How can I know that connecting the wall plate to a wood stud, will not split the stud, as there are 2 connection screws, that seems to be pretty far from each other and therefore might face the edge of the stud and split it?
- Please make sure you are using the Wood-Stud holes, as there are additional holes on the wall plate, for other kinds of walls (Brick, Concrete etc.)
The minimum width of standard studs is 1.5". The normal width is 2".
The horizontal distance of the two upper holes of the wall plate is 0.8" and is the standard horizontal distance of all Barkan products.
This distance provides stability when moving the mount left or right. If the distance was smaller, moving the mount arm left or right would make the mount unstable on the wall.
This horizontal distance allows you to connect the holes to the studs without splitting the stud, considering that your wall has the standard American studs of 1.5"x 4" or 2"x4".
When the TV mount is folded, the middle arm appears to be tilted upwards
The weight of the TV screen might cause a fully extended mount to tilt downwards slightly, which may impair the viewing experience.
It is for this reason that Barkan TV mounts are intentionally designed with an upwards compensation angle.
The TV mounts that include this upwards compensation angle also allow for rotation, tilting and leveling of the screen to let the viewer set the ideal viewing angle.
We want to emphasize, the mount was purposefully designed this way and the upwards tilt is not in fact a quality failure.
When the TV is pulled away from the wall it is not levelled any more
In order to compensate for the decline of the TV when it is mounted, the arm close to the TV is tilted upward by 1°. Thus, once the TV is pulled away from the wall and rotated it might lose its leveling. Therefore we designed the 4 arms that connect to the TV as an easy leveling mechanism to allow leveling the TV at any position.
I have an old Barkan mount for CRT TVs, can I adapt it to fit a flat-screen TV?
Unfortunately not. Older mounts for CRT TVs can not be converted to fit flat screen TVs. However, we recommend you buy one of our patented, flat / curved TV mounts:
Can I install a Barkan mount outdoors?
Outdoor installation will expose the mount to humidity and different weather conditions. As a result, the life span of the mount and the TV will shorten significantly. Barkan mounts are planned to be used indoors and do not include an outdoor protection coatings. Also, television manufacturers do not guarantee external use of ordinary TVs. It is possible to install a Barkan mount outdoors but in such a case the warranty will be canceled and TV manufacturer's guarantee should be checked.
The part of the TV mount attached to the screen blocks the cable ports
For a small amount of screens in the market, the cable ports are located in places that might be blocked when mounting the TV. For these cases, Barkan has planned several ways to attach the mount to the screen in a way that would not block the cable ports and still be proper and safe.
After installing model 4800, the TV can't be pushed closer to the wall. Instead of minimum distance from the wall of 3"/ 8cm, the distance is 8"/ 20 cm
Because of measurement deviations in the production process, the arms of the mount might be too long or too short, which prevents the TV from getting close to the wall.
To compensate for the deviations, those bolts should be replaced with 1/4" / 6 mm bolts.
What should I do if the nut-housing is missing or broken?
The nut housing is meant to hold the nut when assembling the mount, but the assembly can be done safely without the nut-housing. In this case, the nut should be held by hand to prevent it from moving and the screw should be screwed according to the assembly instructions. Similarly to the washer under the screw's head, we recommend (optional) adding a washer (not included in the package) between the nut and the tilt slot, to increase the contact area.
The distance between the holes on the back of the screen is 200mm horizontally and 300mm vertically. How should the screen be connected to the mount?
Some of the screens have an unusual backscreen connection hole pattern, so the horizontal distance between them is 200mm and the vertical distance is 300mm. This special pattern requires a special positioning of the screen plate. Here are a few installation options:
When mounting an LG OLED TV, the backscreen adapters of the mount are visible under the TV
Is it possible to install the ceiling mounts on a sloped ceiling?
The mount can be installed on a horizontal ceiling or a ceiling with a 5 degree slope. In order to install the mount on a slope bigger than 5 degrees, the following options can be performed:
1. Connecting a horizontal adaptor to the ceiling, so the adaptor will create a horizontal surface for the mount.
2. Using spacers to bring the ceiling plate of the mount to a horizontal position. In this case, longer screws are required.
The product's warranty does not apply when installing it according to these 2 options. Warranty applies only when installing the mount according to its assembly instructions.
Is it possible to install the Long Dual Arm up to 90” TV Wall Mount on a 24"-apart wooden stud wall?
In case the studs are 24 inch apart, the installation would be almost similar to installing the mount on a corner, so the 2 horizontal bars of the wall plate would be disconnected. Now that there are 2 separate wall plates, they will each be connected to a different stud, 24 inch apart. The rest of the installation will be according to the assembly instructions.
The screen connection parts in the TV mounts don't fit my TV's mounting holes
Is it possible to install model 4400/ 44F/ BT44 on the other side of the wall plate, so the arms are on its left side?
No. The structure of the wall plate does not enable a reverse installation in which the arms are connected to the left side of the wall plate. In order to ensure a correct and safe installation according to the assembly instructions and warranty, please make sure the arms are connected to the right side of the wall plate so that the cable management tunnel is connected to the bottom of the arm, according to the picture below.
A reverse installation of the mount is not safe and cancels the product warranty.
How to use the included drilling template
A number of our TV mounts include a drilling template. Using the template to mark the drilling points on the wall will help with the installation and prevent mistakes from being made. The drilling template should be used according to the assembly instructions.
The following are examples of drilling templates:
VESA center - This point represents the center of the backscreen connection hole pattern in relation to the drilling points.
Level - For these points, make sure that the template is leveled on the wall so that the TV mount will be exactly parallel to the floor.
Drill - The points marked with this icon are the drilling points for installation on all types of walls.
Block and concrete walls - The points marked with this icon are the drilling points for installation on block or concrete walls only.
Wood-stud drywalls - The points marked with this icon are the drilling points for installation on drywall with wooden studs only.
Do you have a solution for mounting a TV with horizontal connection holes that are 800 mm apart?
Yes, our 2 modular TV mounts (fixed and tilt) allow for installation of a TV with connection holes that are over 600mm horizontally and up to 400mm vertically.The installation is made possible by extending the mount's existing wall plate by adding to it a wall plate from an additional mount.
In order to use this solution to extend the wall plate you will need to purchase 2 products - The first is the desired TV mount (either fixed or tilt) and the second is an additional fixed mount.
Once you have purchased the 2 items, the installation should be completed according to the mount's assembly instructions and in accordance with the following instructions as well: download
USB Moodlight for TV
The remote control for model L15 doesn't work
Please check all the below actions were performed:
The LED strip keeps falling off the TV and will not stick.
Please check if all the following actions were performed:
Wipe the sides of the screen very well from dust and dirt with a moist towel and let it dry.
Re-glue the LED strips to the screen.
Paste on the top edge of each LED strip, perpendicular (90°) to it, a 2"/ 5 cm long piece of adhesive tape (cello or scotch) with strong adhesive
What do the specifications in the indoor antennas products mean?
Parameter: Antenna Impedance. Units: ohm. Description: Antenna's impedance is the ratio of voltage to current at antenna input. Should be the same as in the TV - 75 ohm.
Which devices are needed in order to use the indoor and outdoor Antennas?
In order to use the indoor or outdoor antennas and receive free HDTV broadcasts, you need a smart TV or a simple TV with separate DVB-T decoder.
No signal when connecting the antenna to the TV.
Please perform the following actions. After each action, scan for channels and check whether a signal is found.
1. Make sure the antenna is connected to the correct TV port. USA - The antenna cable should be connected to the TV without the adapter. Outside of the USA - The antenna cable should be connected to the Antenna/ Cable In port in the TV.
2. Try to change the location of the antenna inside the room - for best results avoid placing it near metal objects or in a room whose walls are made of reinforced concrete. The antenna will generally work best if placed adjacent to a window.
3. If the antenna purchased includes an amplifier, try connecting the antenna to the TV without the amplifier. If the amplifier includes a signal regulation dial try setting it to the strongest amplifying power, the weakest amplifying power (while the light remains on) and a few levels in between. Note that increasing the amplifier power too high may in fact lower the signal quality.
4. If the amplifier is connected directly to the TV port and the reception is not great, try connecting it directly to a wall electrical socket (before doing so, make sure to check that the maximum voltage and electrical current of the power adapter are compatible with the amplifier's maximum limit).
The concealed HDTV indoor antenna is not finding a signal.
Please perform the following actions. After each action, scan for channels and check whether a signal is found.
1. Make sure that the antenna is positioned close to the outer edge of the TV and as far away as possible from the center of the TV:
2. Make sure that the dipole rods are close to the wall and not to the back of the screen. Determine whether the rods should be connected on the right or left side of the antenna core according to their desired position relative to the wall:
3. Make sure that the dipole rods are directed towards the TV center:
4.Make sure that the cable of the antenna is connected to the correct port in the TV, according to your country's standards and the TV type (a simple TV or a smart TV). For more information on this subject please refer to the question "No signal when connecting the antenna to the TV".
Monitor Desk Mounts
In the single/ dual monitor desk mount, the tilt mechanism is loose and doesn't hold the monitor in the desired angle
Sometimes the screw that allows screen tilt slightly loosens, and should be tightened.
On the rear side of the screen connection plate there is a metallic mechanism with a screw. The screw should be tightened using a 19mm/ 3/4 inch wrench, as shown in the video.
After installing a single/ dual monitor gas spring desk mount, the mount does not stay fixed at the desired height
The gas spring desk mount includes a mechanism that determines the force applied by the gas spring.
The force applied by the gas spring has to be suited to the weight of the monitor, and as such, requires adjustment during the initial installation of the mount (and occasionally as part of the mount's ongoing maintenance).
If the monitor continues to rise on its own, the force applied by the gas spring is too great. The force should be adjusted by using the Allen key included in the mount's packaging in order to turn the adjustment screw located at the mount's joint. To reduce the force, turn the adjustment screw in the direction of the minus sign.
If the monitor continues to come down on its own, the force should be increased by turning the adjustment screw in the opposite direction, towards the plus sign.
Additional Mounts and Shelves
The Soundbar Mount's connection is not compatible with the soundbar
There are two ways that the soundbar mount can be connected to the device: the first is by using the keyhole connections and the second is by using an adapter that is included with the soundbar.
There exist soundbar models that do not support either of these two options. This is due to the fact that their connection holes are intended for screwing in a screw or are too far apart from each other to fit the adapter.
In these cases, the mount can still be connected to the soundbar by following these steps:
1. Disconnect the red plastic parts from the mount (as described in the first part of step 3B):
2. Screw the appropriate screw and washer through the mount and in to the connection holes of the soundbar (without the plastic parts):
Antenna Integrated TV Mounts
What should be verified before purchasing Barkan's Antenna Integrated TV Mount for Any Type of Wall?
Prior to purchasing an Antenna Integrated TV Mount, please make sure of the following:
• You have a smart TV, a TV with ATSC digital tuner or a decoder.
• Your house is within the Digital HDTV OTA signal range (if you are not sure, check here – https:/tinyurl.com/zu5zagq).
• The wall that you intend on mounting it on is either an outer wall of the house or an inner wall inside a room that has an outer wall (recommended).
After connecting the antenna integrated mount directly to the TV, the antenna signal is weak
Please perform the following actions. After each action, check whether the signal quality has improved.
1. Make sure the antenna is connected to a smart TV/ TV with ATSC digital tuner or a decoder. The antenna will not work when connected directly to a standard non-smart TV.
2. Make sure the antenna is connected to the correct TV port. USA - The antenna cable should be connected to the TV without the adapter. Outside of the USA - The antenna cable should be connected to the Antenna/ Cable In port in the TV.
3. Only applicable to certain models - Make sure that the serrated disc is connected exactly according to the assembly instructions in order to create a closed electrical circuit between all of the metal parts and the antenna core.
3. Only applicable if the antenna integrated mount purchased includes an amplifier - try connecting the antenna to the TV without the amplifier. Note that increasing the amplifier power too high may in fact lower the signal quality.
4. Only applicable if the antenna integrated mount purchased includes an amplifier - If the amplifier is connected directly to the TV port and the reception is not great, try connecting it directly to a wall electrical socket (before doing so, make sure to check that the maximum voltage and electrical current of the power adapter are compatible with the amplifier's maximum limit).
Warning - Fast Charging power adapters are not suitable to be used with the supplied amplifier and their use may cause damage to the amplifier and the electrical device.